The FIA has confirmed the Bahrain Grand Prix will not take place in 2011.
The World Motor Sport Council voted yesterday to revert to the previous version of the 2011 F1 calendar.
This restores the Indian Grand Prix to its original date of October 30th in place of the Bahrain round.
The WMSC originally voted 12 days ago to give India’s slot to Bahrain. The teams wrote to the FIA objecting to the decision, citing logistical and describing an extension of the calendar to accommodate an Indian round as “unbearable” for their staff.
Here is the updated 2011 F1 calendar.
2011 Bahrain Grand Prix
- The Bahrain affair was a return to the bad old days of F1 politics
- Bahrain Grand Prix officially dropped for 2011
- FIA reveals Ecclestone’s 11th hour attempt to save Bahrain race
- Bahrain drops bid to host race in 2011
- FIA asks Ecclestone to submit new 2011 calendar
- Ecclestone says Bahrain race won’t happen in 2011
- Teams have to approve new Bahrain date – Mosley
- How should FOTA react to the Bahrain decision?
- Bahrain Grand Prix reinstated on 2011 F1 calendar
- Ecclestone says teams support return to Bahrain
Browse all 2011 Bahrain Grand Prix articles
Image ?é?® Tilke Gmbh